When you’re on a ride, there are three things you need to feel truly free:
- A great jacket and good foot protection
- An excellent helmet (if you like to wear one, or if it’s required by law)
- A high-performance motorcycle insurance policy that covers you and your passenger
Whether you’re putting away money to buy your perfect bike, or you already have your dream ride, there’s one way to enhance that exhilarating feeling of freedom you get on the open road, leaving all your worries in the rearview mirror… motorcycle insurance allows…
…Riding with solid, economical protection.
Ohio Motorcycle Insurance and Auto Insurance Are Not the Same
If you love to spend your time riding your motorcycle in Ohio, there are great traveling experiences you can only get on a bike. In good weather, your bike is not only affordable but a lot of fun, too. But before you take to the road, you have to make sure you have the right motorcycle insurance.
Weather permitting, Fred would love to ride his motorcycle to work and on long trips with his friends. After a while, he made the decision to ride his big bike on trips and purchase a smaller bike for everyday driving. His plan was to save on gas money and reduce the wear and tear on his bigger motorcycle. Plus, he figured he could save money on insurance for a smaller bike.
Fred felt fortunate to find a 10-year-old 400cc motorcycle that seemed perfect for his daily city driving. After he bought it and fixed it up the way he wanted it, he decided to buy the cheapest insurance policy he could find. He purchased a liability-only policy that met the absolute minimum requirements. After all, a mid-sized bike couldn’t cause much damage, he thought.
Fred was fine for some time, but after about a year, his luck ran out. One evening on his way home, Fred hit a patch of sand in the road sending his motorcycle into an intersection. This resulted in a chain reaction causing the car in front of him to hit the car behind him head-on.
Because of the collision, two people were seriously injured and Fred’s insurance had to pay because his bike was “at fault.” Unfortunately, $50,000 was the most his insurance would pay and the claims totaled nearly twice that much. Fred’s resulting financial hardships could have been avoided.
Is Ohio Motorcycle Insurance Really Necessary?
Riding a motorcycle can be exhilarating, but National Safety Council statistics show that every 6 minutes a motorcycle accident in the United States causes serious bodily injury.
And motorcycle theft is rising. Only about 20 to 25 percent of stolen motorbikes are ever found.
Putting aside legal requirements, nearly 80 percent of motorcycle crashes are fatal. This is why motorbike owners must have complete insurance protection.
If you’re of the opinion that motorcycle insurance is a waste, you should reconsider. More than any other concern, insurance is all about managing risks. If you have no insurance, just one accident can cost you all of your savings, plus your ability to cover medical expenses for you or anyone else for which you’re responsible.
We can make certain you have the right insurance for your specific needs, and can customize your coverage for the most affordable cost.
We are experts at this, and we know how to provide you with affordable coverage that protects you and helps you avoid dangerous insurance gaps.
What are the options for coverage?
Of course, there are mandatory minimum requirements, but you should think about other options for your bike insurance. These are extras that can give you better peace of mind and more comprehensive coverage at affordable rates, including:
- Liability – Every rider should consider having more liability coverage. By buying uninsured motorist coverage and liability insurance for others at higher limits, your risk of financial loss will be greatly reduced.
- Collision – This insurance will pay for bike repairs, less the deductible amount, when an accident is your fault.
- Comprehensive – You should consider comprehensive because it covers vandalism, fire, theft, storm and hail damage, and other claims not resulting from an accident.
- Roadside assistance – You may not think this is important… unless you break down far from home. Roadside assistance covers gas, jumps and towing your motorcycle to your home or the nearest repair shop.
- Bike Accessories – This covers repairs or replacement of expensive personalizations and customizations you’ve added to your motorcycle.
- Total Loss – This insurance will pay to replace your motorcycle. It pays for a brand new bike, not just the fair market value that is often less than what you originally paid for your ride.
- Rental – You might want to consider rental vehicle coverage if you tend to take a lot of trips far from home or if you’re going to take a long road trip. This is a way to avoid high towing charges.
- Trip Interruption – This covers food, lodging and a substitute vehicle if a covered loss, like a mechanical breakdown, happens at least 100 miles away from your home.
- On Road – This is insurance for off-road vehicles like an ATV or dirt bike. In our opinion, this is necessary and affordable insurance.
Do you want the best motorcycle insurance?
When it comes to Ohio motorcycle insurance, you can trust our team. Because we’re an independent company, we are not limited to working with just one insurance carrier. Cook Insurance Group works with several A+ rated insurance companies, and this allows us to find you the best insurance for your motorcycle at the lowest rates. We offer many other insurance discounts, too, like:
- Motorbike endorsement discount
- LoJack discount
- Safety course discount
- Discount for homeowner insurance or other vehicles
- Reduced fees for Harley Davidson bikes
Why We’re Different
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for…
While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business.
We’re your neighbors. We protect businesses and people we know and care about, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Contact us and let the professionals at our company help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you are working hard to build.