Are You in Ohio and in Need of Mobile Home Insurance?
Northeast Ohio manufactured and mobile homes have a lot of benefits. Many of them offer the same features of a traditional house, and you can get a manufactured home for much less than what it would cost to build one on a lot. But mobile home insurance is not offered by all insurance companies, so it’s smart to use an agent who knows how to find you the proper overage and will be available when you need help. Without a knowledgeable agent, you could end up like Ivan and Vivian R:
Because Ivan and Vivian had a growing family, they started looking for a 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom house. They found some excellent options in good neighborhoods, but they really couldn’t afford them. After a while, they found a new manufactured home that offered everything they wanted. Additionally, the monthly payment was just right.
Needing homeowner’s insurance, they took the first policy offered because they figured all insurance for manufactured homes is the same, right? The policy was affordable and satisfied the mortgage company, so they thought everything was fine.
They moved in and were happy for nearly three years, but then came the storms. Thunderstorms hit the area causing several tornadoes. One large tornado in particular hit Ivan and Vivian’s neighborhood and destroyed their house.
While no one was injured, the house was completely gone. Unfortunately, they then learned their insurance policy only covered the fair market value of their house. If they had signed up for replacement cost coverage, the result would have been a new home. But their insurance didn’t even cover the balance on the mortgage. As a result, they had a hard time getting another house, and they had to take something less than they wanted.
What is the Definition of Mobile Home Insurance?
Mobile or manufactured home insurance and standard homeowner’s insurance are very much alike. But most manufactured homes are not placed on foundations and are not constructed like standard homes. This is why it’s important to find an agent that truly understands these types of homes.
Who Should Have this Type of Insurance?
If your house is not on a foundation, you would be wise to think about special homeowners insurance that includes:
- Mobile homes
- Manufactured homes – the construction of manufactured homes is like that of a standard home with shingles and siding, but no real foundation underneath. Mobile homes sometimes have metal siding and roofs and are not usually as strong. Often, manufactured homes are called “mobile homes.”
- Seasonal owners of a mobile home
- Mobile home rentals (for non-monetary reasons). For example, you might allow a friend to stay in a mobile home you own for a specific period.
- Mobile and manufactured homes on private land
- Manufactured and mobile homes in parks
- Seasonal owners of a mobile home
What Type of Basic Manufactured Home Insurance Should I Get?
You should have the same basic insurance as nearly all homeowners, like:
- Liability insurance
- Home contents
- Property insurance
Choices for Ohio Mobile Home Insurance
You may have several different coverage options to consider, as such:
- Flood insurance
- Sewer backups
- Replacement cost insurance – this pays to replace your home with a new one (if 10 years old or less). This coverage is important because many mobile and manufactured homes depreciate in value over time so the fair market coverage will be less over time.
- Wind damage – this important mobile home protection might not be a part of standard hazard insurance.
- Tree removal
- Dog bites – this liability coverage is important if you have a dog.
- Tie down equipment
- Sinkhole damage
- Food spoilage
- Earthquake insurance
- Fire department fees
- Emergency repairs and protection (roofing tarps, for example)
Why We’re Different
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for…
While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business.
We’re your neighbors. We protect businesses and people we know and care about, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Contact us and let the professionals at our company help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you are working hard to build.