Because Your Home is Important to You, It Needs Protection
You need to consider…
What would you do if a disaster affected your home? Do you know for a fact that you’re properly covered for total loss and damages? In the event of a disaster, would you be required to pay for some or all repairs out of your pocket?
You must ask yourself these questions because disaster can strike at any time, and you can’t get insurance after-the-fact. Plus, when a crisis arises, you will have more peace of mind knowing:
Your insurance AGENT is watching out for you.
They made sure you have the proper protection for your home and belongings.
Why Should You Get Home Insurance?
The common hazards faced by most homeowners are covered by home insurance — everything from theft to fire, from accidents on your property to a cracked foundation. In the event of a loss, you will contact your insurance carrier and file a claim. Then, you are paid for the expenses, less any deductibles outstanding.
In addition, home insurance covers exposure to personal liability, protecting you from a lot of situations that possibly could end in lawsuits from other people.
For example, you would be considered responsible if a person is injured on your property or in your home. If you have the correct home insurance you would be protected by liability coverage.
Insurance might also protect you from paying for:
- Storm damage (windstorm, hail, lightning and fire, to name a few)
- Manufactured home coverage
- Swimming pool or trampoline liability insurance
- Dog bite liability (if your dog injures someone, you might not have enough coverage with standard liability, so choose your pets carefully)
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Wind damage
- Flood damage
- Personal property replacement cost
- Sewer or septic backups
- Independent insurance agents like us can show you all your insurance options so you can protect what’s important in your life.
Surprising Facts about Homeowners Insurance
There are many aspects about home insurance that most people don’t know. Our job is to help you avoid possible problems, including:
- Sewer back-ups are not covered by most policies unless you buy a special endorsement — it’s not costly, but you won’t receive it without asking.
- Also not usually covered are damages that result from water that flows below the surface of the ground or surface water
- Flood insurance is not usually included in a typical homeowners policy
- Standard homeowners insurance covers jewelry only up to certain limits if the loss is the result of a specific peril listed in the policy
- A lot of policies default to actual cash value. For instance, if you bought a home theater system and widescreen television for $1,000, it could now be worth only $450, so this is what you would receive in the event of a claim. Like the house limit referred to above, replacement cost insurance pays total replacement value for your items, not the market value, should you file a claim.
IMPORTANT: You can put together your auto and home policies (as well as others) for more savings.
What Homes Need to be Insured?
- Frame houses
- Secondary homes
- Concrete Block Structure (CBS) homes
- Mobile homes on acreage
- Manufactured homes
- Seasonal resident homes
- Homes rented to others
- Even people who rent should be certain they have the right type of renters insurance
Why We’re Different
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for…
While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business.
We’re your neighbors. We protect businesses and people we know and care about, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Contact us and let the professionals at our company help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you are working hard to build.