You’re required to be covered… so what now?
The law requires you to have auto insurance, so you might think it doesn’t matter whether you buy it from a comedy spokesperson, a talking reptile or your locally owned insurance company.
What does it matter where you buy your coverage if insurance companies are all the same? Price is all that matters, right?
NO, there is a big difference in Auto Insurance
In our business, we see plenty of accidents. But of the many claims that come our way on any given day, few are as possibly life-changing, or as frequent, as automobile accidents.
It’s common for someone to seek out the least expensive car insurance options, but these may not be adequate for your needs.
While it may seem that most insurance products are the same in coverage and price, there is a big difference between insurance providers when it’s time to customize a policy to your needs.
Some examples are:
- Making sure you can get a car rental while your auto is being repaired,
- Ensuring you have the necessary amount of medical coverage in the event you injure someone else
- Checking to make sure you’re not paying too much for extra medical coverage you don’t need.
We’re local, so think of us as your neighbors. We help protect the people in our community, the people we care about. That’s why we always seek out new and better ways to protect you, and this includes the care we take to make sure the insurance companies we represent are both responsive and affordable.
Why do we need insurance, anyway?
The key thing to remember is that you cannot purchase insurance after an accident happens, so you need to consider what might happen if you should ever end up in an accident.
In other words, your auto insurance is a shield. Now, what would happen if another car drove into that shield at a high speed… would the shield hold?
We’re here to make sure that shield will protect you from as much damage as possible, and to do it in an affordable way. This will prevent you from the pain of paying out-of-pocket for expenses or repairs. Also, this will protect your income and assets if you are the party at fault and a lawsuit is filed.
For this reason, we will present all options for the best protection, suggest the proper limits and ensure you are given every applicable discount (like vehicles with daytime running lights or bundling different kinds of coverage with the same insurance carrier).
So, this is why we think it’s important to speak to a real, local agent instead of an unknown salesperson on the phone who works for a cartoon lizard.
Here’s what’s typically covered by auto insurance, as well as options …
Insurance policies protect what’s important — you and your assets — in the event of injury, loss or damage caused by you or another person. Auto insurance commonly includes these basic protections:
- Liability – for when you are at fault
- Collision – for when your vehicle is damaged in a collision
- Comprehensive – for when your vehicle is damaged by something other than a collision
However, other protections could include:
- Emergency Road service – for when you are stranded on the road
- Medical Payments – for when you are required to pay for injuries to yourself or your passenger
- Uninsured Motorist Protection – for when you are hit by an uninsured driver (the law says auto insurance is required, but that doesn’t mean every driver is insured)
- UM/UIM – provides liability payments for you when you’re in an accident that’s not your fault but the responsible party doesn’t have coverage or doesn’t have enough coverage
- UMPD – this collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle when you’re in an accident with a driver that has no coverage or not enough coverage
- Vanishing deductibles – this provides a reduction of your insurance deductible every year you are loss-free
- Rental – this pays for a rental car when your auto is damaged
- Electronic Equipment – this covers damage to portable electronics like cell phones, custom speakers and CB radios
- Enhanced Exterior Repair – this pays for OEM parts compared to aftermarket or used parts
- Extra/Customized Equipment – this pays for any specialized equipment in your car that wasn’t OEM
- GAP – this coverage pays you the difference between the total loss of your car (market value of your car) and the amount needed to pay off the loan
- Pet coverage – this covers injury to your pet if it’s injured in a car accident
Why We’re Different
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for…
While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business.
We’re your neighbors. We protect businesses and people we know and care about, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Contact us and let the professionals at our company help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you are working hard to build.