If you’d like to schedule a review of your coverages CLICK HERE or for a quote
Every Ohio contractor knows how important business insurance is. But like all contracting businesses are different, so is risk management and insurance. You could get business-customized coverage and save money, too, when you buy an artisan contractors insurance policy. Here’s why:
You Might Think it Can’t Happen to You, but it Can
A contractor can run into all kinds of problems. You might be injured on the job or be in a traffic accident. Your place of work and/or equipment could be destroyed in a storm. You could end up on the wrong end of a lawsuit. Without proper insurance coverage, you could end up out of a job, or OUT of Business.
Do you consider yourself an artisan?
An artisan is a craftsman and an artist, not just a contractor. Artisans start with raw materials and create things that are both useful and beautiful. They not only build, they “create.”
A lot of artisans are small-business contractors who occasionally work with others to produce large landscape and architectural structures. A good many artisans not only work with individual clients, but also sub-contract out their services. If this sounds like you, it might be wise to think about specialty contractor’s insurance to make certain all your risk factors are covered. This is a list of contractors that are often considered to be artisans, as well:
- Carpet cleaning services
- Cleaning services both residential and commercial
- Concrete contractors
- Electricians and electrical workers
- Paving contractors
- Restoration services
- Excavation services
- Home improvement and renovation contractors
- Handyman services
- Garage door services
- Appliance services
- Flooring contractors
- Foundation contractors and services
- HVAC contractors
- Landscape services
- Masonry services
- Power washing companies
- Siding contractors
- Fence companies
- Sheetrock and wallpaper hanging contractors
What Type of Insurance Coverage is Best for Me?
Standard contractors’ insurance should be your first consideration. This could include:
- Building contents insurance
- Tools coverage
- Commercial property insurance
- Commercial vehicle coverage
- General liability
- Workman compensation for employees
Artisan Contractors Insurance Options
It’s possible you could need all or just some of these insurance options:
- Builders risk insurance – special contractors’ insurance that is important for home improvement and building contractors. It covers projects while they are being built.
- Installation floaters – This is more specific than builders risk coverage. An example would be when an HVAC contractor takes out a policy covering a commercial HVAC system plus the materials the job requires. This protects the items during transit to the job site and storage while at the job site.
- Inland marine coverage – this covers all supplies and equipment during transit to the job location and back. This is also referred to as cargo insurance.
- Errors and omissions insurance – conventional contractors’ insurance is not always sufficient, so this covers errors you or your workers make that end in injury or damage. This can protect you from lawsuits that may destroy you and your business.
- Special tools and equipment insurance – office equipment, including computers and printers, can be included in this coverage.
- Sewer and drain backup coverage
- Employee dishonesty coverage
- Loss of income insurance – Would your business survive if your building or equipment were not usable for a long period of time? If you include this coverage in an artisan contractor’s insurance policy, it compensates you for the lost time, helping your business survive.
- Earthquake insurance
- Building glass and exterior business signs
- Building code ordinances
- Performance bonds – Many clients, including large cities, require bonds. They are a guarantee to the customers that you will complete the job.
- Employee non-owned liability – If your employees use their own vehicles while working for you, this will cover any accidents.
- Additional liability insurance – Some businesses require additional protection because their liability risk is greater.
Your Business Deserves Quality Specialty Contractors Insurance
Insurance policies can vary a lot when it comes to what they protect. Since there is a wide variety of insurance companies, and they all say they offer the lowest prices for the best coverage, it can be hard to find the business insurance that’s right for you.
An independent agent isn’t aligned with any one single insurance company. Your independent agent represents your interests alone and is dedicated to finding the best coverage for you from many different insurance options.
- No charge for certificate of insurance provision
- Planning services for disaster preparation
- Policy discounts for adding commercial vehicle insurance to your business policy
- Premium reductions for automatic sprinkler installation
If you’re in Northeast Ohio and you need great contractors’ insurance for the most reasonable cost, contact The R.C. Cook Insurance Agency. Our dedicated service and loyal staff can help you with most of your insurance requirements: personal and business-related. You can get a free, no-obligation quote right away. Call (330) 296-3628 today for additional information.
We’re Different from the Rest
You may be looking for the least expensive insurance available, but is the cheapest insurance going to protect you?
Sure, a lot of insurance products are alike when it comes to function and cost, but insurance providers are different when it’s time to structure a policy that covers your specific situation.
When it comes to your business, there are no one-size-fits-all insurance policies.
We’re part of your community… we’re your neighbors. We look out for people and businesses we know and care about, so we’re always searching for better ways to protect you. This includes representing insurance companies that are responsive and affordable.
Get in touch with us today and let our professionals help you build the best protection possible for the things you value most.
Why We’re Different
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for…
While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business.
We’re your neighbors. We protect businesses and people we know and care about, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Contact us and let the professionals at our company help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you are working hard to build.